Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

I hate bumps!!

Bumps when you are buying a house can really drive you crazy. All during the process, we kept having to send in "one more thing" almost everyday. Today really took the cake though. We decided for me to do a power of attorney so that Honey could do the closing without me. We sent in this piece of paperwork to the attorney over a week ago, then today, the bank decided they were not going to accept it because it didn't have Jr. at the end of Honey's name. GRRRR!! I was at work when they called me and needless to say, I was in tears. I was 900 miles away from the closing and they wouldn't accept the power of attorney. The attorney tried to fax me a revised copy and I was supposed to initial it and fax it back. Well, you know how well forms look after being copied and then making a copy of that copy. Eventually, you can't read it. Thankfully, the lawyer finally figured out a way to make it work and the closing happened. Honey will be up there for a couple more days and then will be back here just in time to move. :) I guess I should get off here and get to packing. I have more packing to do than I have time to do it. Moving guys will be here Monday morning EARLY! So very exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment