Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

GRRRRRR

I went to the post office today to mail my birth certificate and our employment verification letters down south (2 different states) to get apostilles. If you aren't familiar with adoption, apostilles are certifications done by a state to verify that the notary (that notarized your document) is actually a notary. (Or at least that's how I understand it) As I was in the post office, I looked again at our employment letters. The notary's seal expires on April 10th......this year! I know that Ukraine has very strict rules about when a notary can expire. They want at least a year out. (We are not adopting from Ukraine) I chose to send them anyway praying I wasn't wasting $30 for apostilles. If I did...I did. I have emailed Shelley to see what she thinks. It's not the end of the world, I guess...it's just so frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment