Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

My final homestudy visit

Today was pretty good! I met with our wonderful SW for my last visit. I wasn't nervous at all about this visit. When she came to our house, I was freaking out. But today was so natural for me. We met at the local child development office (good place to keep in mind once Little Man is home). Her questions were non-thought questions really. You know what I mean, right? The kind of questions that you don't really have to think about...the answer just comes out. She asked me to describe Honey. She stopped me about 5 minutes later and said she thinks she understood him. LOL! She made me cry twice. (Remember, I am a crier!) She had me talk about the foster son that I had when I was with my ex. She asked me about what happened to him after I left, and I just don't know. He stayed with my ex for about 6 months but then he went back into the system. I worry about him often and thinking about where he might be made me cry. She also asked about my family, what my parents did for work, what my brothers did, about their kids, etc. Then she asked about any other family member that was important to me. When I was little, I spent a lot of time with my Grandma. She lived very close to us and we were very close emotionally. I talked about when she died, and the tears flowed again. I think our SW felt bad, but what can you do?

I told the SW that Little Man's SW is anxious for us to get our paperwork submitted, and she grinned and said, "I will do it as fast as I can." :) So, Honey has his visit on Monday. So close!

No comments:

Post a Comment