Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why is adoption so difficult?

I guess I really shouldn't complain. There are so many families that have been in the process so much longer than me and have had so many more setbacks. But still...why is adoption so difficult?

Our SW emailed me yesterday to say she had out homestudy done and ready for us. Now, the all important question, when can we get it from her? She is busy this weekend so we can't get it from her. I told her what my hours were on Monday and she said she doesn't think that will work either. :( I guess I could have her mail it, but my luck it will get lost in the mail. What to do?!

I am a little worried because word is that Little Man's country closes for adoption through the months of July, August and September. So we are in a race to get our paperwork over there and get our USCIS (immigration) paperwork submitted (and get approved) so we can try to get a travel date in June. I feel like that is almost impossible. I am pretty sure that Little Man's SW has his paperwork almost completed, but USCIS could be quick or take forever...who knows. And we have to have that approval before we can get a travel date. I'm not sure how Shelley did it...waiting for over a year to have her son with her forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment