Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Almost 2 years ago...

A couple years ago, I had another blog. I was looking at it tonight and found my first post about Little Man. I can't believe it was almost 2 years ago that I found my son. (I didn't think he would be mine at that point)

Monday, July 14, 2008
Reece's Rainbow
I'm not exactly sure when I found Reece's Rainbow and I guess it doesn't really matter. This amazing site is dedicated to finding families for children across the world with Downs syndrome. They also have a section of their site called "other angels." These little ones have different special needs. I go to this site EVERY day. I find myself looking at the pictures of waiting kids and wondering if one (or more) of them are my kids. One specific little boy really caught my eye. They call him Vance and he lives in Eastern Europe. I have never had such a strong emotional response to a waiting child picture before. The interesting thing is that this child actually looks like he could be Honey's son. And I'm not being biased...I showed the people at work and they agreed that there was a strong resemblance. So I inquired about him. Sadly, his country does not accept singles to adopt and I was informed that there were several families interested in him. So, even if Honey and I got married tomorrow, we would be too late. I noticed yesterday that Vance now has a "my forever family found me" banner by his profile. I was devastated when I first found out that he wouldn't be mine, but surprisingly, I am comforted now that I know that his family is doing what they have to do to bring him home. I truly hope that this family has a blog. I still feel a connection to this child and I hope that I can watch the progress of him coming home. Who knows...maybe one day I will be in the adopting family section of this site. Seeing the little faces makes it almost impossible for me to not want to bring them home. We will see.

**edited to add...I'm not sure what happened, but the banner is gone from Vance's profile. I don't know if his family backed out, or if they realized they don't qualify. Please pray his forever family finds him soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment