Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I am tired! *Warning, sarcastic negative post!!

I am tired of defending our decision to adopt. I am tired of defending our decision to adopt an older child. I am tired of defending our decision to adopt an older child with a special need. And I am tired of defending our decision to adopt an older child with a special need from another country!!! I wish people would understand it is not in their job description as a "friend" (and I use that term loosely now-a-days) to protect us. We know what we are doing! I have researched adoption for about 10 years and I DO know everything that can go wrong. We have prepared ourselves for this possibility and have a game plan for how to deal with it. Just because you refuse to allow yourself to love an orphan, don't try to shove your limitations on me! Our son might not have our genes, but he will have our love and understanding and he will have a forever place in our home! Period...enough said!!!

5 comments:

  1. It's so frustrating when people don't understand but feel the need to speak anyway.
    God's many blessings to you. Try to concentrate on His will & the support from those who care & have confidence in you.
    Prayers from the Black Hills of SD,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a song by a Spanish singer, he wrote it for his son with special needs and it says: Even when many people don't understand it, who cares? It doesn't matter, it can't be explained; God has given us an honor, and you are his embassor. Your post make me thought about it, don't worry about people, this boy is your son and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear, hear! I understand, I sympathize & I'm sorry that you have "friends" who are so unhelpful.

    Your son is blessed that you are coming for him.

    ((( hugs )))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand totally.
    We had a "friend" who raked me out on FB because we did not adopt/foster locally because she has to raise her twin grandchildren to keep them out of foster care. As my step-mom said yesterday, "well...I'm sorry YOU didn't raise your children better than YOU did. If you had, maybe she would raise her own children!" Wish I had told her that.
    My own father had doubts and agreed yesterday that he wondered the same thing, but once we got Alex home, none of that mattered. He admitted that things turned out the way they should have. Hang in there. You don't have to answer to those "friends." You only have to answer to God.

    ReplyDelete