Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Retail therapy

Are you a shopper? To be honest, I am not...really! Shopping quite often drives me nuts. Maybe it's because I am a "bigger lady" and clothes shopping is frustrating. Maybe it's because I am pretty frugal and hate spending money. Or maybe it's because I hate crowds and usually shopping places are pretty crowded. Whatever the reason, I don't like shopping. Or I didn't until now. I just want to go and buy stuff (clothing mostly) for Little Man. There is one problem...I am not sure on his size. I have had many people tell me that I should shop at a second hand store and usually I would be all over that. But I WANT to buy new stuff. Little Man is in foster care so it might not be the same as children in orphanages, but it is possible that he has never had anything that was HIS. I will probably buy him used clothing (there is a GREAT 2nd hand place here) when he is home. But I want the first clothes that we dress him in to be all his. What are you thoughts on this? He turned 6 in August. I have some shirts that are 5/6 and I have had some tell me that he will probably be smaller. But stating this again...he has been in foster care for 2 years. He might have been smaller in the orphanage, but do you think he might have caught up some being in a family? I just don't know. I don't want to spend a ton on clothes that won't fit, but I want to have enough.

1 comment:

  1. I went to Children's Place and Old Navy and bought things on their clearance racks, combined with discounts/coupons, so I didn't spend too much. Bought in several sizes (3T, 4T, 5T) and figured whatever didn't fit could be left in-country for other children. That way, he had some new things all his own, but it wasn't a huge financial burden for things that may or may not fit.

    ReplyDelete