Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

100th post

Since this is my 100th post...I thought I would let you know some things about me.

I have seen this on a couple other blogs and I thought it was cool. (And I wanted to see if I could think of 100 interesting things about me!) :)

1. The name on my official birth certificate is Melissa Ann. (I did have it fixed so it didn't cause a problem with the adoption)
2. The name on my social security card is Melissa Anne. (How did that happen?)
3. I was born in a city which is 1 hour from where my parents lived
4. I graduated from Calvary Christian School in the same city (My brother and I drove an hour each way to school every day my senior year.)
5. I was Valedictorian of my high school class.
6. I am a member of the National Honor Society.
7. I was one of those rare kids who enjoyed school.
8. I first visited Niagara Falls when I was 10.
9. I was terrified to look over the edge...I guess I thought I would fall.
10. I have 2 brothers...one younger and one older. (Sadly no sisters unless you count sisters-in-law)
11. My parents are still married (I didn't realize how rare that is until recently)
12. My mom is by far my best friend (and has been as long as I can remember)
13. I have never really had a fight with my mom.
14. My cat's name is Sammy.
15. I have wanted to have kids longer than I have wanted to be married. (I knew I wanted kids even when I still thought boys had cooties.)
16. When I was a little girl, my imaginary friend's name was Jesse and she was a homeless girl that I wanted my parents to adopt.
17. I have a dog named Bailey.
18. I went through a phase of being a bully when I was in 6th grade.
19. I beat up all the boys in my class (in a Christian School) and still won the Christian Character award at the end of the year. (I still don't know how that happened)
20. My Husband's name is Willis (but most people call him Bill) Whatchu talking about Willis?? :)-
21. He loves me more than I deserve.
22. My favorite novel is Morgan's Run by Colleen McCullough (author of The Thorn Birds)
23. I'm not a big fan of The Thorn Birds...it is just too sad!
24. I have read Morgan's run at least 10 times and listened to the audio book about 50 times.
25. I pick up pennies off the sidewalk...even if they are grimy. My hands are washable!
26. I graduated from Trinity Baptist College in Jacksonville, FL.
27. I have a degree in Elementary religious education.
28. I have not taught a day outside of student teaching.
29. I have worked as a day care teacher, nanny, 3rd shift cashier at Krystals (the south's version of White Castle), loan officer/phone rep at a credit union, and a pharmacy technician.
30. I'm not sure I will ever teach in a formal school setting. (I have thought of homeschooling my kids when I bring them home though.)
31. I took 3 years of German in high school.
32. My German was good enough back then that I almost went to Germany as an exchange student my senior year. (I barely remember any now)
33. I am trying to learn Russian (it is so much harder for me than German!)
34. I worked at a Christian camp that was founded for deaf children the summer after my freshman year in college. (Bill Rice Ranch)
35. I only knew a little sign language but was able to do devotions in understandable sign for my cabin one night. (That was one of my proudest moments.)
36. I now interpret (a little that is) for our deaf customers at my pharmacy.
37. I am unable to have biological children due to endometriosis and a malformed uterus. (Is that too personal a comment to make on this??? Wait, this is my blog! :)
38. My toes are cold almost all the time...especially at night.
39. I started the adoption process 9 days after I got married.
40. I play Pogo games WAY too much!
41. I got in trouble in elementary school for "smoking" a candy cigarette. (Christian school)
42. When my grandmother died, I collapsed onto the floor.
43. My grandfather gave me all my grandmother's crocheting stuff. (I cherished it!)
44. I also inherited her teddy bears. (These were the bears she used to hug when she had to cough after her open heart surgery. She said holding something made coughing hurt less. Needless to say, the bears are also cherished!)
45. I love the Harry Potter books and movies.
46. I listen to country music.
47. If a country station is put on, I can sing almost every song word for word.
48. I wanted to try out for my college's singing group (the Alethian singers) but every year during tryouts...I got laryngitis.
49. I cried more than once over that!
50. My brother, Kevin, was accepted to sing with the Alethian singers his Freshman year at Trinity.
51. I met my ex-husband in an AOL chatroom.
52. Even though he is my ex...I don't think meeting on the internet is a bad thing.
53. I love to craft things by upcycling what others would call trash.
54. I was a foster mother to a 14 year old boy when I was 27.
55. I didn't realize how impossible that would be.
56. I tend to be very random...and I can revive a subject from an hour ago without any prompting.
57. My first word was Bob-Bob. (my older brother's name is Bobby)
58. He is also the first person to make me smile.
59. My younger brother was born when I was 13 months old.
60. My mom caught me dragging him around when he was 2 months old. (I thought he was a doll)
61. I forced a penny down his throat when he was 6 months old. (This almost killed him)
62. I told my mom that I just wanted to give him the penny but he wouldn't take it.
63. I hurt him (semi-seriously) about 5 more times before he was 6.
64. Miraculously, he and I are VERY close.
65. I have an "immunity idol" in my living room that my ex and I bought when we were in Mexico.
66. I used to be addicted to Survivor. (I even met Rodger from season 2)
67. I wanted to take tap dance lessons when I was little but my church said dancing was wrong.
68. My favorite ice cream is Ben and Jerry's pistachio pistachio or Cherry Garcia...can't decide
69. I don't deal well when someone treats me like I am an idiot. (Even if I know they are wrong!)
70. I don't like talking on the phone.
71. I never thought I would be a cell phone person.
72. I am addicted to text messaging on my cell though.
73. I am a crier.
74. I cry more than anybody I know. Sad movies, sweet movies, romantic movies, books...even music can make me literally weep.
75. I have 4 poems published.
76. I am in the process of writing a novel. (I just want to see if I can finish it!)
77. I am addicted to reading blogs.
78. I can spend hours looking at adoption websites.
79. Even reading stories of everyday activities of a family can make me shed tears.
80. I pick up bottles and cans along the side of the road when I go for a walk. (They are worth 5 cents here...and that money goes in my adoption fund)
81. I love acting!
82. I was a member of the Trinity Players in college.
83. We were supposed to travel to nearby churches to perform, but 2 days before our first performance, the college president told our adviser that there was no money for travel.
84. We continued to rehearse just in case there was a change.
85. I drink way too much Diet Dr. Pepper.
86. I want to quit before we go to get our son so I don't go through DT's. :)
87. I won 1st place for dramatic presentation in fine arts at the state level my senior year of high school.
88. I saved the score sheets from that competition and still have them.
89. I won a pretty baby contest when I was 2.
90. My Fruity Pebble bars are to die for! (like rice crispie treats only made with Fruity Pebbles)
91. I still have the 1st baby doll I ever owned.
92. The older I get...the more I do things like my mother.
93. My favorite things that I do like her are the things that I used to make fun of her for.
94. I dream about my future children at least once a week. (Lately, EVERY NIGHT!!)
95. I wake up sometimes thinking the dreams were real.
96. I can't wait until the day when I have little ones who wake me up on a Saturday morning to watch cartoons.
97. I share way too much info with people. (I bet you didn't guess that one, did ya??)
98. I respect my brothers but am a little jealous of their lives.
99. I never went on a single date in college (unless you count being a chaperone as a date...My college required chaperones on dates when I went there....I think they might have eased up a bit on that now.)
100. I love laying on the couch with my head in Bill's lap. He knows how to rub my head to get me totally relaxed.

Whew! Finally done...that was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Don't think so? Try it yourself! :)

1 comment:

  1. Fascinating! Dean and I met online too. And I spent 25 years as a certified ASL interpreter. Now I'm back in school to be a Sonographer. (aka Ultrasound Tech)

    ReplyDelete