Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Blue Ribbon

I can't believe I forgot to post about this! At the end of August, the local fair was held. Now, this fair is one of the largest in New England. In addition to having competitions for best cow, horse, pig, etc., they also have a really large craft and art competition. I decided to enter some of my crafts this year. When I first got the info, I had these visions of taking something for almost every category. Um, that didn't happen. I did, however, take in a set of pillows. When I brought them in, all the ladies at the check in table just stared at them. I used a combination of stitches called front posting and back posting. Using these stitches makes the finished product look like it is woven....I LOVE these stitches! The ladies had never seen it before and kept questioning me making sure that they were crocheted. :) They ended up talking me into having one of the pillows for judging and the other for sale....and told me that they thought it would sell for $15. When Honey took me to the fair, I was excited when I went to the pillow section and saw a pretty blue ribbon attached to my pillow!! A week later when I went in to pick up the pillows (after the fair was over), I was informed that not only did I win the blue ribbon, BOTH of the pillows sold for $15 each!! I was shocked! I guess I will have to make more for next year's fair....only I have to do something different because the rules say you can't make the same thing for subsequent fairs. Hmmm, what can I do? I think a cow is a must next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment