Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

More worries...language

It is beginning to dawn on me that Honey and I are going to be going to another country where the majority of people DO NOT speak our language. One of the girls Honey works with (let's call her Beauty...she's one of the girls from the country next to Little Man's) and I talked today. Beauty told me that she kind of chuckles when she thinks of me and Honey in Little Man's country. She can't imagine us there....having little idea how to communicate our needs to people (around town). She said in the capital city there, most people can somewhat communicate in English. Little Man, however, is in foster care in a small town about an hour from the capital city. At this point, we still aren't sure if we will stay in the capital city and travel to visit, or if we will stay in his town. We haven't been able to locate any decent hotels near there...so who knows. Honey is beginning to panic about housing. (He is a planner and NEEDS to know what is going to happen) Communicating with Little Man doesn't really worry me. I have read enough blogs to know that somehow it all works out....eventually. It might be dicey for a while, but we'll make it. Communicating with adults is a whole 'nother ball game. UGH!

1 comment:

  1. You will be FINE!!!! I don't speak a single word of the language, and I was able to buy food, and get what I needed to get. Don't worry, you'll be just fine! You're not going to be dropped off and abandoned, I promise.

    ReplyDelete