Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What can I say?


Today I am sad...that doesn't even begin to describe what I feel. I am so broken. Today a little girl died alone...she hadn't even turned 5 yet. Why was she sentenced to die alone? She was born with an extra chromosome...she had Down syndrome. She was called Anne Marie on Reece's Rainbow. There were so many families that loved this little girl. There was more than one family who wanted to go get her and make her a part of their family. Why didn't they go? Because lack of money prevented it. There are so many families that would love to adopt. There are so many families that look at the children on Reece's Rainbow and dream about taking them from the life they lead in an orphanage. They have plenty to give the child/ren, but they lack the $20,000-$25,000 it takes to complete the adoption. We, as Christians, are told several times in the Bible to care for orphans...so why don't we? I am not saying that everyone is called to adopt...although I would love to. But if all Christians would give something to orphans (maybe give up your $5 coffee or take lunch to work for a week and give the $20 or so you save on food...something), the ones who are called to adopt would not have to worry about the financial aspect of adoption. They can just focus on preparing themselves and their homes for their new bundle.

"Why should I help another family...it is their choice to bring another child into their family." I have actually heard this question and it makes my skin crawl. How selfish is that? It's not like the family is asking you to help them pay for their Caribbean cruise or a million dollar home! It is a child...an innocent child! And believe it or not, every penny helps!

1 comment:

  1. Hello"

    I have pics of your little man from nov 2008,
    You can e-mail me @ jngcampbell9@msn.com
    www.thecampbelljourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete