Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

A day of nothing....but waiting

Today is Saturday which means nothing gets done. We were going to explore the city, maybe see St. Sava's Cathedral, but it's pretty cold. We decided that we would all go stir crazy if we stayed in the apartment all day, so we bundled up (well, we bundled up Vladan....Honey and I had looked at the weather in Serbia before we left, and it seemed pretty warm. Um, we didn't bring coats) We decided it was a good McDonalds day (although everyday there seemed like a good McDonalds day) I remembered my camera and got some shots of Vladan's first Happy Meal. He didn't realize it came with a toy....which was a good thing because the "toy" was a juice cup. We kept the bag from his first Happy Meal to go in his memory box. He will probably think his parents are goofy for saving something like that. :)

On the way back to the apartment, we stopped at the grocery store to get a few things to snack on at the apartment. And we found....a frozen pizza! The grocery stores here are tiny like our mini marts at home. So, navigating them with a touchy 6 year old is challenging, to say the least. So, Papa took him outside for a couple minutes so Mama could focus on shopping. Coke Zero has saved me here (since I couldn't get my Diet Dr Pepper) and Honey has discovered a liking for Fanta. So, sodas, a loaf of bread, the pizza and toilet paper...plus a few other small things, and I was out the door. When we got back to the apartment, Honey put the groceries away...good man, huh? A few minutes later, he poured himself a glass of fanta...and that was when we discovered that there are 2 different flavors of Fanta that are colored orange. Hmmm, if I was able to read the language, I would have known that I chose exotic flavored (thank you Google Translate) instead of orange. I can't really put my finger on the taste....it was kind of pineapple, pina colada, tangerine.....or a mix of all those. Vladan got really lucky because he got to finish that one. :) We are lucky with the fact that this boy eats/drinks everything we give him.

No comments:

Post a Comment