Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving dinner

We made it back to the apartment in Belgrade at about 7pm. When we were done with our late lunch with our facilitator, lawyer and driver, they had all the leftover bread, salad (cheese, red bell peppers, cabbage, cream cheese) and the rest of our dinners wrapped up for us to take. Tonight at about 8, we were a little hungry. So, being the make shift cook that I am, I made dinner using the leftovers. The traditional bread that they have is kind of flat....think of a Boboli pizza crust, only about twice as thick. That gave me an idea!! I took the leftover "loaf" of bread and put a little spaghetti sauce on it. I broke up Vladan's leftover burger and sliced up some of the peppers. Then I broke up the cheese on the top....pizza!! Then I put it in the oven. This is where I had a little problem. Only, I didn't realize it was a problem until I smelled burning pizza. The oven was in celcius and I guess I didn't remember how to calculate it as well as I thought. The pizza was still edible, just a little toasted. Vladan scarfed it, so I guess it wasn't too bad. I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want to be embarassed by the blackened crust. :(

But still, it was a pretty good Thanksgiving feast! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment