Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

We met our boy!!!

Now that you have scrolled down to see the pics, you can read my update. :)

We were so terribly nervous about today. When we got here yesterday, we were given a little more medical info about Little Man and it was so scary. I will share some more at some point, probably after he is officially ours.

He is a sweetheart! He was a little standoffish when we first got there. He was curious about all the grownups around. There was me, Honey, our facilitator, 2 social workers and the 2 drivers. He LOVES to be the center of attention, so he was a happy little guy to go around shaking hands. He warmed up to us relatively quickly. The driver for the social workers picked him and put him in Honey's lap. He squirmed at first but then settled down for a few minutes. He got down and went into the next room while the adults talked. A few minutes later, he came back in and raised his arms for Honey to pick him up and kissed Honey on the cheek. :) Don't worry, I got my share of love too! We gave him a stuffed animal that he carried all over. Until, that is, I brought out my camera. I got a few pics of him (they aren't super clear because this child doesn't stay still for long) and then he took the camera. He LOVES pushing buttons and had a blast with my camera for over an hour carrying it all over the house. I got a ton of pictures of his hands, fingers and shoes. One adorable thing he does is back up to my legs and sort of lean into me. He lets me snuggle him although I have tried to not overwhelm him. My thoughts are so muddled right now. Maybe I will post more details later once I can sort our my thoughts. But I wanted to thank everyone who prayed for us! We could feel them and the Lord made the day wonderful!

This is the first picture of me with my Little Man! He was squirming trying to get the camera so it's not great, but I LOVE it!











The foster mom has him sleep in a crib....he is 6. Although he is small, I'm not sure how he is comfortable.











Isn't his smile something?! He just melts my heart. They just buzzed his hair off recently because he has a skin infection on his scalp. I can't wait to get that cleared up so he can have his beautiful hair again. And he is such a cutie in glasses....no, I am not biased. :)

9 comments:

  1. Ok, this is THE BEST post I've read all week! I prayed all night for you guys to just have PEACE! I knew it would all be ok, you just needed to see him, to hold him, for him to be a REAL LIVE PERSON that you could touch. God is so good, isn't He? He brought you all the way to the other side of the world, for this one little boy who needs so much more than what he has had. He is going to BLOSSOM in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! He is such a cutie, and what a beautiful smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! He is beautiful...and a such a cutie in his glasses. I feel honored to have a peek into your special time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I am SO excited for you guys! He is adorable and I cannot wait for more updates on your journey. I am praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you!! He is adorable!

    You are in my prayers. I hope your time in country goes well and that you enjoy this special time in your lives as a new family!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy tears here in Wisconsin! So happy to see a kid on your lap... at long last! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you have arrived safely--and thanks for the pictures. I had to smile at your description of pictures of hands, fingers and shoes. I have a wiggle-worm, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for your first meeting with your precious little boy! You have been in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwe your little Man is SO CUTE! im so happy for you both! im sure you are so overwhelmed with everything. but just BREATH.. through this time and once your home and you Establish a new routine with your Litle man things will be so much more complete. Praying for you all. try to get some rest and take care of yourself too! new Mommy's need thier rest. :)

    ReplyDelete