Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Have Visa....will travel

The embassy was supposed to call us when the authorization came in. We waited, and waited, all morning. They close from noon to 2pm for lunch, so at 11:30, I called them. The guy who answered the phone was the same guy from yesterday. I guess he forgot to call me. GRRRR!! He asked if I could be there by noon. Uh, yep, I can! He told me that only one of us needed to go. I am the one who feels more comfortable in the city, so I am the one who went. Our facilitator would have killed me for going by myself. But, I did it. I got a cab and made it to the embassy. I went in and after just a minute or two of waiting, I had his visa in my hand! Then, I walked back to the apartment. I stopped at the grocery store for a few things, and at a little shop for a couple gifts. Then I got home in time to make lunch for the boys.

The rest of the day, we just relaxed. All except the little bit of time that we all went out to finish buying souvenirs and gifts. In the evening, we finished packing up to go home! I can't believe we have everything we need to go home tomorrow! We have to be ready at 4:30am to be picked up by our driver. I'm not sure I will even get to sleep. It feels like we have been here for a year and I just can't wait to sleep in my own bed and, oh yeah...guzzle a Diet Dr Pepper!

1 comment:

  1. ROFL So you're home and posting your visa day. LOL Why would your facilitator be upset that you went alone to the Embassy? (this from the woman who was there alone! LOL) I just kept all my necessary addresses written down, so if I needed to catch a cab I could just show the driver the address.

    ReplyDelete