Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Visit

Our social worker came for a visit today. She was amazed at how well Vladan has adjusted to being here. She watched him do puzzles and play with legos. We talked for about an hour. When she scheduled this visit, she asked if it was ok to bring someone with her. A high school student had contacted her about possibly visiting with an adoptive family because he is doing a community service project on adoption. He was very interested in the process and went on and on about how cute Vladan is (which most people do). LOL!

We mentioned visiting the orphanage and all the kids there that touched us. I said something about wanting to go back for another one at some point. She said, "I don't remember you saying anything about adopting two." She told us when we first met last February that she did not agree with people who adopted tons and tons of kids. I'm not sure what her opinion is as far as when she would approve us for another adoption.....I didn't broach that subject today. Knowing her as much as I do...I can imagine she would want Vladan home for at least a year before she would do another home study. We will see. We're not 100% sure of what God's plan is for us at this point. We are just living day by day as a new family. If we find another child we feel led to, it will work out like it's supposed to.

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed there are many adoptive families out there who have adopted many children. I don't see what is wrong with it. It's also wonderful when people can take in a sibling group. I hope that if you choose to adopt again, that things go smoothly and the social worker has no issues with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I'm also from New England. I'm in Connecticut now.

    ReplyDelete