Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I need help

This is not adoption related, but I do need help. I so wish I was computer savvy and knew how to create a type of art using pictures or graphics. It is really hard to explain what I want to do. This is a very rough sketch I made using paint on the computer.

I want the "button" to be about 3 inches in diameter. I want to be able to add a few pictures or small clip art graphics scattered around the inside of the button (like a sort of collage). And I want to be able to add text in the in between parts. Does that totally confuse you? I have searched the internet for hours looking for some sort of photo editing program that I could do this, but you can't look at all the features of a program without buying it. How am I supposed to know if I can do what I want to do with it? I don't want to buy a program that I'm not going to be able to use. I guess maybe I don't even know what keywords to use for my search. Any techie people out there able to help me??

3 comments:

  1. Do you know about how big you want it? Send me the pictures you want on it, along with the text and I'll play with it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this link for blog headers...it may give you some ideas.
    http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2009/08/tutorial-on-how-to-make-blog-banner.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can download paint.net for free and it is very similar to photoshop. I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete