Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

He made a joke!

I know this is going to sound goofy, but it made me so happy!!

This past week, Vlado was on vacation from school. During the week we worked (pretty intensely) on a few things. One of them was asking for things...ie, "May I have..." and he would fill in the blanks. His aide at school was very impressed at this development and said that it has helped with things at school because he now knows how to get what he wants. :)

Tonight as I was tucking him into bed (after we were done with his book and kisses and "night nights") he smiled and said "May I have the nintendo?" I laughed and said "No, it's time for sleep." He giggled and said it again...knowing he wouldn't get it and just being silly. For a child who had virtually no communication skills when we got him, I thought this was HUGE! In essence, this was the first actual conversation I have had with my son. And he had the ability to understand and respond like an average child (without speech delays)

I have giggled every time I have thought about it. Our little boy is finding his silly side and is realizing that communicating is kinda fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment