When we met him...
- He was still in diapers
- He only spoke 3 small phrases in Serbian (I don't want, Let's go, and It doesn't work)
- He was so easily overwhelmed
- He wanted nothing to do with toys
- He would scream when upset and quite often would hit himself
- He wandered around (as if in his own world) most of the time
- He would seek out the dog at the foster home to kick or hit it
- He had no color...he was so pale!
- He had no idea what a Mama and Papa was
- We were told he couldn't learn
- He is almost 100% potty trained although we are still working on overnight dryness.
- He knows so many words! He can ask for things and is obsessed with knowing what everything is called.
- He adapts to new situations so easily now. He takes things in instead of getting overwhelmed.
- He is still learning how to play. But leggos are his favorite now! He can play with them for hours.
- He doesn't scream even when he is mad. And he NEVER hits himself. (He tries at school sometimes because they give him the attention he is seeking for it...at home, he doesn't even try)
- He doesn't have time to wander aimlessly now. He's too busy exploring.
- He LOVES his dog! They are the ultimate "boy and his dog"
- He has pink cheeks and so much more energy. And he has grown about 2 inches.
- His eyes light up when we pick him up from school. He now knows that I am his Mama and Honey is his Papa!
- He has been going to school since January. He loves numbers and the teacher said he has a "math mind." He read a small book in front of his class the other day. He knows all his colors and shapes. He has around 50 sight words that he knows and can write them.
This was the first day we met him. This might look like a smile, but all I see is nerves. He was trying to be happy.
This is him just a couple weeks ago on our way to visit his Grandparents. This is total joy smile. We were getting ready to board the ferry and he was soooooooooooo excited about being on a boat! :)