Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

I suck at blogging sometimes

I'm sorry for my disappearance yet again. I have been working a ton of hours at work (might as well get the hours while they are available) and then I have Vlado at night. I am NOT complaining about that fact because it is what I wanted for so long. He is finally learning to be more independent which is amazing to watch. He was treated like a baby all his life before us....and when he finally came to live with us full-time, he didn't exactly like the fact that we had him do some things for himself. Now, don't get me wrong, he still knows that we are here to do things that he can't. But he CAN do some things and is learning that it is fun being able. He can dress himself, get his breakfast (take his yogurt out of the fridge, grab a banana, get his cup so I can pour juice), put the clean silverware away, help load the dishwasher, put away his clean clothes, and there are just so many other things he is learning to do. He LOVES to help. If we are doing something, you can see his little mind working trying to figure out what he can do. When we first came home, one of Honey's sisters sent Vlado a step stool. That stool gets used everyday. When we first brought him home, he was so afraid to climb up on anything. He was afraid of so much! Now, if he sees something he wants (or needs) that is too high, he will go find his stool so he can get up to get it. Then he gets this satisfied smile that he was able to get what he wanted without help. I LOVE this boy! Over the next few days, I'm going to go back and fill in things we have done recently. I am going to actually date them like I had written them on the days they happened. So, feel free to read older days. They will be between April 1 and today....but there won't be one for everyday. LOL! And I will actually add pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Just delurking to say thanks for updating. It's really great to see how well he has done since coming home. And to develop new skills :)

    ReplyDelete