Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Off to Grandma's house

Vlado has school vacation this week so we decided it was a good time for him to meet his grandparents (Mimi and Papaw) in the mountains. When we were packing up and getting ready to go, Vlado asked, "Airplane?" It was then I realized that the last time we traveled with him was when we brought him home. We found it sweet that he remembered this and thought that whenever we pack up.....we would be going on an airplane. I think he was a little sad when we told him no airplane, just the car. We were a little worried about the potty stuff since it is a 14 hour drive so we put him in a pullup for the trip. I am happy to report that he stayed dry the entire trip. Of course, we did have to stop every hour and a half or so because I have a small bladder. LOL! He became a pro pretty quickly though and figured out what rest stops were for. He had another first too today. He road a ferry for the first time. You can see from the pics that he LOVED it! We arrived at my parents' house at 11:30pm (the ride actually ended up being a little longer than normal because of rain). My brother and his family had driven over for the weekend so they could meet Vlado too. So, after 15+ hours of driving, you would think that he would have been a grump and just interested in sleep. Well, you would be wrong. He walked into my parents' house like he had been there a million times. He came in and got on the floor with the other kids and proceeded to play with matchbox cars. We have tried to get him interested in cars a bunch of times, and he wanted nothing to do with them. But, when you have cousins who want to play with you...I guess it is ok. :) I don't have any pics of him this first night. I had left my camera in the car. My dad took a few pics, but he hasn't sent them to me yet. We weren't there long because Honey and I were exhausted. But we were so excited to see Vlado meet some of his family!

2 comments:

  1. I think I said this before but WOW that boy looks exactly like his daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a joy to see him thriving in his forever family! He looks nothing like the little boy I first started praying for a couple of years ago! What a treasure he is!

    ReplyDelete