Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

First fundraiser

I hate asking for help. I know I have said that before. The thing is...adoption isn't cheap!

We are adopting from a different country than we did last time and this new adoption is going to end up costing about $10,000 more than the last one. All in all, we are looking at around $25,000 to bring this little girl home.

I am a strong believer in the blessing of adoption. I do not dare say that everyone should adopt. But you don't have to adopt to help orphaned children. We are adopting our child through an adoption ministry called Reece's Rainbow. They are a not for profit ministry that matches orphaned children with special needs with families. Making a donation to our adoption would be tax deductible. If you go here and click donate, you would be instrumental in helping us bring our girl home. $25,000 is a lot of money. If you break it down, it seems more doable. :)

  • 250 $100 bills or
  • 500 $50 bills or
  • 1250 $20 bills or
  • 2500 $10 bills or
  • 5000 $5 bills or
  • 25,000 $1 bills or
  • 100,000 quarters
  • 250,000 dimes
  • 500,000 nickles
  • 2,500,000 pennies

Any donation would be humbly accepted! Now, if someone had 500,000 cans/bottles they would like to donate...that would fund us. That brings me to our first fundraiser. Oh, how I would love to think that this fundraiser would do it and it would bring in enough to fully fund us, but I am doubtful....but it is a start! If you are interested, go and check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I won't be earning any money till the fall but you can count on a donation from me!

    ReplyDelete