Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream cheese sauce
*These are seriously so so good*
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (this works with leftover pork roast too)
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
8 ounces cream cheese
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in cream cheese and chilies. Do not bring to boil. You just want to melt the cream cheese.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.