Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

3 DAYS!!!

I can't believe it is this close! In less than 72 hours, we will be leaving our house for the last time as a family of 3. At this time in 3 days, we will be sitting on our first plane (I'm assuming we will be boarding) waiting for the plane to take off at 11:20. To be honest, I haven't even taken our suitcases out of the closet. I started a list of things to bring the other day, and we do have a box with a bunch of random things we have thought of. I have the rest of our paperwork that we have to bring in a folder on the counter. I worked the last 2 days so I haven't had time to do the gazillion things that I need to do.

Today, I had a meeting at the school to discuss summer school. It really isn't a question with us. Vlado LOVES learning, so if they offer additional school, we are happy with that. Last summer, summer school was amazing for him. So, I'm really excited to see how he progresses this year. We're still trying to figure out what to do as far as schooling with our new little one. I guess time will tell.

Now....for some entertainment. This video was taken at school the other day with Vlado and his ELL teacher. They did an essay together and then he read it. You have to remember, this is a child that was not speaking 17 months ago and we were told that he would never learn or even be able to go to school. They could not have been more wrong!





p.s. Our boy's name is not Viktor yet, but that is what we are going to change his name to. I can't tell you his name yet. And we are not staying in the Holiday Inn....I have no idea where that came from. He has become obsessed with the Holiday Inn and Applebees lately. LOL!

8 comments:

  1. Love it! So happy for all of you - how exciting to be on your way soon. It is amazing to see how far Vlado has come since I first fell in love with his precious picture on RR. Proof of what a forever family can do!
    Will be sending prayers heavenward for an uneventful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH! THis is AMAZING!!!!!! You need to have some certain people in Serbia watch this while you're there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so so Awesome !!!

    Oh my that makes my heart so happy...
    Can't wait to see the new brother ..
    Have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! WOW!!! I LOVE his little accent!! He is so dang cute!! Wow is all I have to say! You'd better start packing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed! Vlado is doing wonderfully! Having a loving family makes all the difference.
    Now I can't wait to see him with his new brother. Have a safe trip and enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHHHHH! That is AMAZING! I'm freaking out here.. That is incredible. GO VLADO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's doing amazing! What a difference a family makes in a child! I'm sure Vlado will enjoy teaching his little brother new things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SO awesome! What a sweetheart! He is just so precious! :) Can't wait to meet Viktor and to hear how he is doing! :)

    ReplyDelete