Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

End of the tunnel

We are finally seeing the light at the end of this adoption tunnel and, let me tell you, we are happy.  We are enjoying the ability to breathe a little and not worry about what else can happen. 

Yes, there have been many bumps and bruises on this adoption journey.  Would we change how we did things this time around?  No!  The individuals we worked with were very helpful and did what they could to get everything done properly.  (I don't even want to know how many phone calls Z actually made for us on several occasions to get stuff worked out!) 

International adoption is a very tricky business.  If you are relatively new to it (as many future adoptive parents who are reading this are) it is hard to know the ins and outs of it.  Having someone on your side who can help is very important.  Having someone who you can call at any time (day or night) is extremely helpful!  Having someone you trust is imperative!

I have also learned on this trip that it is important to speak my mind.  I am usually a "go with the flow" sort of person.  This time around, I learned that I need to "make some noise" to get myself heard.  I didn't do it as much as I should, but I did it more than is usual for me.  Next time, I'm sure I will figure it out even more.  And YES, there will be a next time. :)

Tomorrow is going to be a stress free day.  We are going to be able to go out and get some last minute souvenirs and gifts.  Then we will come back here and be able to pack at a leisurely pace and get ready for our trip across the ocean.  And then, we will be HOME!  I can't wait....my bed has been calling my name for weeks! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!! I am so happy for you!!! And YES, I agree with you about people you trust and standing firm and speaking up! Glad you will have a wee bit of time to relax! Enjoy the sites and take lots of pics! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The really cool part is you can come home with clean laundry!!!!

    ReplyDelete