Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

We really are alive

I have learned that having virtual twins (the boys are only 8 months apart) that are 7 years old are almost as exhausting as having newborn twins.  It's easy for me to say that though, because I've never had newborn twins. LOL! 

We are all learning what it's like to be a family of 4.  I think the boys are adjusting better than I am.  Vlado, without truly understanding what a big brother is, is thriving in the big brother role.  He helps with so many things.  The other day, when the boys were having dinner, Fuad (actually we aren't sure at this point that we are going to name him Viktor....it doesn't seem to fit him)  was having problems getting his food on his spoon.  He's not very proficient with the use of utensils.  So, Honey told Vlado to help him.  So Vlado took his spoon, scooped up some food on it, and then handed it back.  It was adorable!!  When we were at the grocery store a few days ago, I had my hands full.  Fuad cannot be let to walk on his own yet (he tends to wander easily).  I asked Vlado to hold his hand, and he took this job seriously.  Fuad kept trying to get away but Vlado held on tight. :) 

Fuad is a very impatient little boy.  He wants what he wants when he wants it.  And he is slowly learning that throwing a fit is not the way to get what he wants.  He has spent quite a few moments in a chair with his hands folded in response to a screaming, throw himself on the floor fit.  He is also learning that grunting and stamping his foot doesn't work either.  :)   When Vlado goes to school in the morning, he gets VERY angry that he doesn't get to go too.  Once again, I am learning that I AM BORING!  He is ecstatic when it is time to pick Vlado up from school.  

Today, though, I'm having a really hard time concentrating on giving you an update.  Remember the little girl that we were in the process of adopting last year about this time?  Well, she was relisted today with RR.  There are new pictures of her and she is an adorable toddler.  Oh, how my heart hurts.  I know that it was the right thing to do, at that time.  I know that if we had continued with her adoption that we wouldn't have Fuad right now.  But, if we had continued.....we would have met her already and she would be so close to being home.  I know that Fuad was meant to be our son and I have no regrets.  But, oh my word, my heart hurts that she is still waiting. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment