Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Slowly but surely

$10,000 is a lot of money.  True, it isn't nearly as much as the $25,000 that many families need for an international adoption - but still.  I am NOT going to get discouraged!  We will add another child to our family and it will be in God's timing.  I read something the other day that I rather liked.  "Pray like it all depends on God - work like it all depends on you!"  It's just like that old adage "God helps those who help themselves." 

So, I am on a mission to figure out a way to collect 1,000 $10 bills.  :)  It sounds like less that way.  I have managed to get about 30 so far.   I have started making puppets, e-reader covers and necklaces and they are for sale at my facebook page.  If you see something you like, you can use the donate button to the right of this page.  All of the e-reader covers and necklaces are made and ready to ship.  When someone pays for the one they want, I remove that picture.  But I am making more to replace those sold.  Puppets are currently being made to order, so if you would like one (or more) of those, just send me a message and I will give you an idea of how long it will take to make them.  I finish the order and send you a picture before you pay to make sure you like them. :)  I am not charging shipping for any of my items, but if you would like to throw in a couple dollars to cover it, I won't object. lol!  Every dollar that we make is one dollar closer to our child. 

I am also planning to do a bottle/can drive at some point.  Every 20 cans/bottles is another dollar closer to our little one. 

Of course, if you feel led, you can always just make a donation. 

Our boys are so excited at the prospect of getting a new sibling.  Vlado asks almost everyday if we are going "next week" to get his little brother.  *I think I will wait until we know who we are adopting....I really think he needs a little sister. :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment