Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Rainbows

Today, as we were sitting on the couch watching a movie, Vlado jumped up and ran to the window.  He exclaimed, "Rainbow!"  I have loved rainbows since as far back as I can remember.  They never fail to amaze and delight me.  It was rather thrilling to see my son get just as excited as I do. :)

I ran to the side table and grabbed my camera.  It is fairly rare for me to see a rainbow.....maybe 1 or 2 a year.  And it is even more rare for me to be in a place where I have a camera in hand and am able to capture said rainbow. (In reality, I have never been able to get a picture) Typically, rainbows are seen as I am driving.  So, I was elated to have the chance to capture that moment.

What is a rainbow?  Well, scientifically, "A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection of light in water droplets in the Earth's atmosphere, resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. It takes the form of a multicolored arc."  blah, blah, blah

What is a rainbow to a person, like me, who knows the Bible to be the Word of God?  A rainbow is a sign of God's promise to never flood the earth again.  When I was a little girl, whenever we saw a rainbow, my Mama would smile and say, "God's promise!"  So it is so embedded in my brain that a rainbow is God's promise that it almost feels like He has put it there just for me.  It's a little smile and hug from Heaven above when I see all those colors decorating the sky. 

I needed to feel that hug today.  We are just at the beginning of our adoption journey.  I found out last week that our commitment  paperwork has been approved by our little girl's country.  I was a little nervous that they would change their minds and say that we couldn't have her.  I have had some rather amazing people supporting us so far.  But even though we have good things happening, I am afraid.  I know that the financial piece will be there when we need it....just as it has been before.




But, today, God put a rainbow in the clouds to remind me.  It was His promise that He will protect us on this journey.  It won't necessarily be easy, but we won't be alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment